Application process and key dates
Online application for the 3rd intake (Fall 2017) will be open from 27 Feb 2017 and will close on 13 March 2017
To apply, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to the Apply now section of this website.
- Complete the application, taking care to answer all questions. This should take you no longer than 8-10 minutes.
- After answering all questions, tick the four boxes at the bottom of the form to confirm that:
- The information provided is accurate.
- If selected for the program, you will commit to the full scope of the National CEO Program which includes six learning and development modules (3 in Muscat and 3 overseas) and inter-modular group work.
- Your CEO, Chairman, or any other governing body will support your participation in the program. A letter or supporting evidence will be needed to confirm your participation (please see below).
- You understand the National CEO Program Team may validate the information you have provided.
Note: if your application fits the program’s pre-requisite criteria, you will need to obtain and provide a Support Letter from your CEO or Chairman within five days of submitting the online application. Please see Step 2 of the process for more details.
- Click Submit to complete Step 1 of the application process.
You will receive an automated email acknowledging receipt of your application. This message will include your application reference number, which must be quoted in any future communications.
In the unlikely event that you do not receive an email acknowledgment, please contact us email@example.com. It is advised that you check your Junk/Spam email folders for any anticipated emails throughout the application process in case our messages have been filtered out.
Within 48 hours, you will be informed whether or not your application has met the pre-requisite criteria for the program. In the event that your application is successful, the email will include instructions for Step 2 of the process.
You may also check the status of your application at any time by visiting the Apply Now page and entering your application number.
An essay (in English) – You are kindly required to submit an essay (400-750 words) that provides a brief about your background and why you should be selected to participate in this program. Please answer the following questions to structure your essay (using the question as section headings). Answer clearly and concisely giving concrete examples whenever you can:
1. What specific skills or capabilities help you add value for your team?
2. What specific elements of the NCP will help you add new value for you personally, your organisation or your sector?
3. What does “Changing the Game” mean to you in terms of the future of your organisation or sector?
4. Humble, Adaptable, Visionary, Engaged are key leadership traits for creating change. Which one of these traits best describes you and what does this mean to you personally?
5. What experience outside of work (eg involvement in the community, volunteering, etc…) has enhanced your leadership capability at work?
CV/resumé (in English) – including a professional summary, educational qualifications and certifications, professional/work experience, key achievements, any similar training programs you have attended, work or involvement in the community, and your contact details. Your CV should be 3 - 4 pages in length. Your CV is an important written representation of your profile and provides the NCP with vital information to evaluate your candidacy for the program. Your resume should outline your key responsibilities and achievements, highlighting your increasing ability to add value, and should not be a standard job description of the role. You need to see your CV as providing clear supporting evidence for your essay. Click here for the template you need to use for your CV.
For an example of a model application, please review the following documents:
Supporting documents (in English) – Please provide the following two items (as PDF files):
- A scan of your valid Omani National ID card.
- A Support Letter from your CEO, Chairman, or any other governing body. If you are the owner of your company and are unable to provide a Support Letter from any other governing body, you will need to authorize your own Support Letter and provide a scanned copy of the company registration certificate. The template that should be used for your Letter of Support can be obtained by clicking here.
Please complete these steps to fulfil these requirements:
- Write (or copy/paste) your essay in the ‘Essay panel’ section of the form provided and click Continue.
- Attach the CV and the two supporting documents.
- Tick the box at the bottom of the form.
- Click Submit to complete Step 2 of the application process.
You will receive an automated email acknowledging receipt of your submission.
By 09 April 2017 you will receive an email advising if your application has been short-listed for the program or not. In the event that you were successfully nominated, the email will provide instructions for Step 3 of the process.
We are sorry but we are unable to provide individual feedback for applicants who are unsuccessful at Step 2 of the Admissions Process.
Online Ability & Personality test - we will provide a link to the online test, which should take you no more than 25 - 30 minutes. You must complete and submit the test within three days.
First interview - our email will also give the time, date, and location of your interview, which will be conducted in English by an independent examiner over 90 minutes. This first interview will seek to identify your leadership capabilities in an organisational context. It will take place in the week beginning Sunday, 16 April 2017.
By 23 April 2017 you will receive an email advising if you have been short-listed for the second interview. The email will outline the time, date, and location of this interview.
Second interview - The final step of the selection process will entail a 30-minute interview with a panel of experts who will be an integral part of the program.
This second interview seeks to understand your past achievements, future aspirations, and how you may benefit from the program and contribute to your company and the national economy in the future. It will take place starting Monday, 24 April 2017.
Note: the interview times cannot be changed, so please ensure that you make yourself available in Muscat during the interview period (from 16 April to 2 May 2017).
The 35 successful candidates for the National CEO Program will be notified by email or telephone on 9 May 2017. Their names will also be published on the program’s website.
Module 1 will begin in Lausanne on 18 September 2017 and Module 6 will end in Muscat on 10 May 2018.